Wednesday, June 6, 2012

11 weeks and growing

Looking back it seems like the weeks have flown by, but in the here and now the minutes drag on.... and on. The last days, weeks, months have brought so much change to all of us. I've learned so much about myself, which isn't always good. I've learned about how to treat people when they are in the middle of a "crisis". I've gained some confidence in my independency (those that know me well, know how much I hate being by myself). I've learned the important (and unimportant) things in our life. I've learned to let go (although I'm not very good at it) and I've realized how much of a control freak I am. I know that this is just a chapter of our life, but I pray that these lessons are foundation, the backstory, of this book that we are writing.

The last week has brought lots of changes for Miss K. She was taken off all meds and just taking vitamins now. She feeds every three hours and is now taking 45 cc by bottle. Well, she tries to take 45cc. Some feedings are completely successful and others aren't so much. There are other times where she just sleeps through the feeding and they will use the feeding tube. Everyday she is getting stronger and bigger.  She now weighs FIVE pounds and TWO ounces.

No comments:

Post a Comment