Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Day 72

We have been at this for 72 days, 2 hour and 3 minutes and 3lbs 5 oz later (K is 4 lbs 10.6 oz).... that is crazy! I can feel the exhaustion setting in. It seems like the closer we get to coming home, the harder it is, the longer it is taking, and the more Satan is trying to sneak doubts and fears in.

The last few weeks have been a roller coaster (not that this whole adventure hasn't been). Some days are a breeze, easy and an absolute joy, other days I just want to stay in bed. I look around and I see all the things that I should be doing, the things that need to be done and the things that I want done. I think about the sleep I've missed and about the joys I've experienced, the tears I've cried and the prayers that God has faithfully answered. It's been an amazing road, but I'm tired.

Last Thursday the Dr finally lowered her nasal cannula. She was allowed to bottle feed several times a day, on Saturday they wrote orders that she was only allowed to bottle once a day. Monday they wrote orders that she could bottle feed three times per day, today they wrote orders that she could bottle every feeding.

On Monday, the dr wrote orders for a chest xray and echo. He also made other changes:
Lowered the nasal cannula to 1.5 liters, low flow
Lowered her feeding time to 1.5 hours
Changed her breathing treatment.

 The echo to check for pulminary hypertension. This scared me. With K having the respiratory issues it puts a strain on the heart. Dr S (much later, after many tears) says that he doesn't expect to find anything, but he wanted to be cautious. We will have to have several of these echos to closely watch any strain on her heart.

The chest xray was still the same with some improvement, but one of K's sacks in her lung had collapsed. The change in breathing treatment and also some physical therapy on her chest AND lots of prayers with hopefully heal her lungs.

We are trusting God and his plan. I can tell you all day what I want and how I want things to work out, but the bottom line... I've left it all at the foot of the cross. I'm completely trusting God and the plan He has already set in motion for not only K, but for our family. He is doing amazing things and I'm thankful to be part of such an amazing plan.

I haven't posted any pictures in awhile, so be prepared for picture overload :)
After his 1st grade program, he is one handsome boy 
Definitely a girl!

Beautiful angel

Headed to see sister




He absolutely loves this sweet girl. She has no idea how lucky she is


God knew exactly what we needed when he gave us this boy!



Grown so much, yet still so small

No comments:

Post a Comment