Wednesday, May 9, 2012

Yesterday's Prayers, Today's Hope

  Rejoice in hope, be patient in tribulation, be constant in prayer.  Romans 12:12


Today we rejoice in hope! We have an amazing God who is faithful. We gave our journey to Him from day one. By no means is that easy, there are many days that I have to give it to Him again and again. I want to be in control, I like to be in control, but I'm learning I don't have to be in control. There is someone who wants control, and can do a much better job than myself. If it wasn't for Him I would fall apart daily. I would fall apart everytime I think it's not fair. When I think about how unfair it is that my sweet girl is so far away, I am quickly reminded of those who so desperately want a baby and don't have one. These thoughts come over me time and time again. All I can do is thank HIM for this testimony that He has given us and the mercy and grace He has shown us.

Today we not only rejoice in the hope, but we are singing praises. Today has been a good day. Our sweet girl is growing. Today she is 3 lbs 9oz. Dr. M decreased her c-pap again and increased her milk to 40cc. Dr. told us that as long as she does well with the changes we will try the nasal cannula. So far, she is doing good. She has a bloodgas in the morning and we will know more.

Our nurse (quick note: we have some amazing nurses that have been with us from day 1 that we absolutely adore and know that they were hand chosen for K) tonight says that she expects her to be out of the isolette within a few days so "bring clothes." Now THAT was music to this momma's ears!

Today has been a good day. It's always such an "a-ha" moment when you see God's hand at work and  specific prayers answered. We are a blessed people.

Psalm 27:4-5 One thing have I asked of the LORD, that will I seek after: that I may dwell in the house of the LORD all the days of my life, to gaze upon the beauty of the LORD and to inquire in his temple.  For he will hide me in his shelter in the day of trouble; he will conceal me under the cover of his tent; he will lift me high upon a rock.



No comments:

Post a Comment