Friday, April 27, 2012

Day 38

She makes my heart smile.

Monday she was taken off the back up breaths, this being one of the first steps to get her to where she needs to be. Throughout the week she didn't do too bad with this change, but we had to wait for the bloodgas to see where she was. Her bloodgas Thursday morning wasn't too good. Her CO2 levels were high. The dr increased her pressure on the Cpap from 5 to 7. Thankfully they didn't have to take any major steps backwards. She had several spit ups yesterday (where she had been doing much better). Our nurse told us there was a lot of air in her tummy. Hopefully this is going to work itself out. The followup bloodgas was better. So now we just wait. She is eating 30cc every 4 hours and now weighs 2 lbs 11 oz.

Every day, every email, every new friend requests shows us God's perfect attention to detail.
He is in control and He knows what we need, when we need it. I have to remind myself of this at times. There are some days that I want to kick and scream about how unfair it is,
but Jeremiah 29: 11-13 is quietly whispered to my heart
11 For I know the plans that I [a]have for you,’ declares the LORD, ‘plans for welfare and not for calamity to give you a future and a hope. 12 Then you will call upon Me and come and pray to Me, and I will listen to you. 13 You will seek Me and find Me when you search for Me with all your heart


No comments:

Post a Comment