Monday, April 23, 2012

Even the good days are hard

I thought last weekend was hard and didn't think it could get any harder. Last weekened I learned about sacrifice and it wasn't a fun lesson. Some  Most days I just want to be selfish. Selfishness isn't something that I want to live by. By the end of the weekend, I was so emotionally drained.
But this weekend....
might have been harder. I've been praying about time management and the ability to give each of my children (and my husband) 100%. I don't want to be less than enough for any of them. We are completely relying on God to get us through this time. When I sit back and look any particular day, I'm overwhelmed. Overwhelmed, yet at peace. Trying to work, husband working, school, homework, baseball practice, pumping, spending 2 hours a day driving to hospital, having a few hours with our daughter, having a few hours with our son, being a wife, keeping a house clean and breakfast and dinner daily.... it wears me out. I don't feel like I'm giving the red head enough. His whole world was turned upside down, three months before it was supposed to and with a sister that is an hour away. A sister that is not only an hour away, but one that is hooked up to wires and that he can't hold. I can't imagine what he is going through.
So on Sunday (if only for a little while), we forgot about the things that needed to be done, about the lack of sleep, we forgot about how bad we hurt (from the MOD 5 mile walk), and about having a sister in the hospital and, for a few hours, we just enjoyed it. We enjoyed the precious gift we've had for seven years and just let him have a normal day. And, thus, begins the "Day of the Red Head." A day that I hope becomes something regular, a day that he will cherish for years to come.


1 comment:

  1. Precious post! Made me tear up. I am glad you are blogging...I think it will be so therapeutic for ya & will help you realize that you are an AMAZING wife & Mom to both your Red Head & Your sweet girl!

    ReplyDelete