Monday, April 23, 2012

March of Dimes

Saturday we did our first walk. The Dallas March of Dimes Walk is 5 miles. I don't know that I have ever (purposely) walked 5 miles in my entire life. What a sense of accomplishment we felt at the end of it. Needless to say, my team completely kicked my butt.
We decided to walk last minute with only about a month to raise some money and get a team together. I, honestly, thought that my boys and I would be the only ones walking when we first talked. We really just wanted to get our foot in the door, see what it was all about and how things worked and then next year get a "real" team together. Much to our surprise, we had a team THIS year. I'm so thankful for those that walked with us. We had a small goal this year, but we surpassed that goal and raised almost $700 (and still counting). Our team is accepting online donations until April 30th.
It was very chaotic and we definitely learned many things to help everything run smoother next year. I don't have any pictures of our team. My mom, her husband, and a few friends and their children all walked with us. It's amazing to have friends, family, and their suppport. You can read about one of our team members journey here.

It was hard, even miserable at times, but we finished. Can't wait for next year.





**Not pictured - Mom and husband. I promise next year I will take better pictures!

No comments:

Post a Comment