Friday, April 6, 2012

The Storms

Neil and I feel so blessed by the people in our life. It's still impossible to keep up with the calls and messages and texts. As we sit and watch our little girl, not really getting to interact with her much right now, we know that we are blessed. We are humbled by the support and the prayers. As I sit and type this, I read the words of Casting Crowns and I realize this "storm" is minute compared to so many of the people around us. There are so many who are hurting and in their own storms. As I think about our storm, this song came on and I am humbled again.

Who am I, that the eyes that see my sin
Would look on me with love and watch me rise again
Who am I, that the voice that calmed the sea
Would call out through the rain
And calm the storm in me

Not because of who I am
But because of what You've done
Not because of what I've done
But because of who You are

I am thankful for a God that loves me and calms my storm, big or small. He loves me because of who HE is, not because of me (thankfully). I am encouraged daily by the prayers, messages, and texts. I knew God had a purpose for Kinzli...and Luke, but He is doing amazing things, not only in our life but others. He works all things out for His glory and I cling to that. The road ahead will not be easy, but I am faithful that God's plan is unfolding before my eyes
These words have come to mind over and over since Monday.

And I'll praise You in this storm
And I will lift my hands
For You are who You are
...
No matter where I am
And every tear I've cried
You hold in Your hand
You never left my side
And though my heart is torn

I will praise You in this storm

No comments:

Post a Comment